It absolutely was Flag Day today and MPR’s Nikki Tundel papers exactly exactly just how people celebrated the nation’s banner in this slideshow that is impressive.
Needless to say, a lot of people that are, without doubt, patriotic inside their love when it comes to banner, nonetheless assaulted it in the exact same time.
Listed here are an examples that are few Nikki’s slideshow and sources into the U.S. Flag Code.
1) The flag must not be utilized as putting on clothing, important site bedding, or drapery.
We could quibble in what makes a bit of fabric a banner but it to symbolize the American flag, you shouldn’t wear it if you use blue, add some stars, and red-and-white stripes and intend.
2) The flag should not have put it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature upon it, nor on any part of.
3) The banner should not be utilized to promote purposes in virtually any way whatsoever.
4) it must not be festooned, drawn right right back, nor up, in folds, but constantly permitted to fall free.
5) Advertising indications really should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from where the banner is flown.
6) whenever shown either horizontally or vertically against a wall surface, the union must certanly be uppermost also to the flag’s right this is certainly own that is, towards the observer’s left.
7) The banner should not touch any such thing beneath it, for instance the ground, the ground, water, or product.
Concerning the writer
Bob Collins had been with Minnesota Public broadcast from 1992-2019. He had been senior editor of news within the ’90s, ran MPR’s governmental unit, created the MPR News regional website, created the most popular Select an applicant, started a few blog sites, and each time lamented that their Minnesota Fantasy Legislature task never caught on.
This has to be stated and stated frequently! Continue reading “Seven how to disrespect the US banner”